I found the store and walked in, being greeted by two new people, one of whom would be a great friend. Jamie and India were the clerks at the time. I explained to them that I was there to meet Ray and that it was my first day and I was absolutely clueless. They asked me questions about myself as far as where I was from and the other typical small talk. When I told them that I'm from Texas, the first thing that Jamie said was, "Jason's from Texas. Finally he'll have someone to relate to." As I had not met this 'Jason,' I didn't know what to say except, "Yay?" Ray arrived 30 minutes late and that was fine to me, I didn't care. I was standing around looking at this tiny store.
Ray was giving me the tour around when this man walked in and he was sweating. He had his blue button down shirt's sleeves rolled up and he wore suspenders. I had my back to him as he walked in the door and I heard Jamie tell him that I was new and that I was from Texas. He said "Hello, there!" with an energetic voice and I turned to look at him. "Hi!" I said, smiling at him. He scared the hell out of me, cus he got a little close to me, but strangely I didn't mind. "I'm Britany," I said, shaking his hand. He introduced himself and made his way to the back to clock in. Apparently he was late. I finished my tour of the store and I went to the back to go and work on my computer based trainings. To be honest, those things never work.
An hour or so later, Jason made his way to the back room to grab his cigarettes from his bag. I looked over at him and at his cigarette. I hadn't had one that day and I was dying for one. He smiled and pulled another one out of his pack and said, "let's go smoke." I stood up and stretched and made my way with him outside. I heard Ray mutter, "Another smoker." I just shook my head. I knew I wasn't going to like him at all.
We smoked our cigarettes and made small talk. I thanked him for the cigarette. I hadn't had a job for almost a month and I had desperately needed money. I didn't have enough money for food for my lunch that day and he just nodded his head and said something about how he'd been there before. I made my way back to the back room and got back onto the computer, getting the trainings done as best as I could.
A while later, Jason came and sat in the back room with me and was eating his lunch from the pizzeria next door. He would help me from time to time with the answers. I knew absolutely nothing about electronics, in all honesty. It was a job and I needed money. Even though they thought they could pay me $7/hour in New York City, but hey. Another story.
After Jason finished what he wanted he said, "You know, I bought this extra piece of pizza and this extra Dr. Pepper, cus I thought I was really hungry and thirsty. But now I'm not either. So... would you like to have them?" I turned to face him, smiling. "I'm not against being anyone's charity case," I remember replying. He laughed and handed me the pizza and the Dr. Pepper and I chowed down. I was starving.
My shift ended, and I gave Jason the URL to my MySpace page. I made my way home and told my roommate about my day.
I know that's just a little bit but I have a headache. Next post (which should be tomorrow), I'll post about Jason and my roommate, and the possibility about feelings for him.
For now,
Bri
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.

Hi Bri, Found you in the coffee shop. I like your writing style. Count me as a follower. Check out my blog, http://www.tarpapercrane.com, even if you're not crazy about building like I am. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI'm new to this thinggg. Why does it have to be so complicated! Anywaysss nice story :D It made me smile. And that song is "That's what you get" by Paramore! :D
ReplyDelete